Wage And Hour Lawyer Serving Clients Nationwide

Don't Get Nickel-And-Dimed Into Oblivion

It can be hard to make ends meet as an hourly employee. It can be even harder to make ends meet if your employer cuts corners on payroll, finding ways to save money by taking it out of your paycheck. There are several ways that an employer could violate wage and hour laws, among them:

  • Not paying workers overtime
  • Not paying minimum wage
  • Not allowing breaks
  • Misclassifying workers (exempt vs. nonexempt)
  • Requiring employees to work off the clock

You work so you can pay your own bills, not your employer's. If your employer is withholding legally owed wages from you, or if your unpaid overtime is starting to stack up, there may be no other way to recoup your money other than to file a lawsuit. If you win your case, you may be eligible to collect:

  • Back pay
  • Lawyer's fees
  • Court costs

No matter how bad the economy may be, you don't have to endure unfair payment schemes. Call nationwide wage and hour attorney Todd M. Friedman at 877-619-8966 to discuss your options. At the Law Offices of Todd M. Friedman, P.C., we are committed to defending nonexempt and exempt employee rights alike. We serve clients throughout the nation.

California Minimum Wage In Flux

Beginning January 1, 2018, the minimum wage in California was increased to $10.50 per hour for companies with 25 employees or less, and $11 per hour for employees with more than 25 employees. This will increase again beginning in 2019 to $11 per hour for smaller companies and $12 for lager employers. Meanwhile the federal minimum wage is $7.25, where it has been for a number of years.

Your employer does not have the right to choose which minimum wage to pay you, nor do they have the right to skirt overtime pay laws. Since the rate in California is higher than the federal rate, you are entitled to be paid the higher state rate. If you are an hourly worker making less than California's minimum wage, you need a lawyer who can challenge the illegal terms of your employment. At the Law Offices of Todd M. Friedman, P.C., we can help you either file a wage claim with the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, or else file a lawsuit against your employer to collect any back wages that may be owed to you.

In a claim like this, it is important to work with an attorney who will be with you throughout your case. At the Law Offices of Todd M. Friedman, P.C., we will speak directly with a lawyer from our firm who will explore the details of your legal situation and help you understand your rights and options going forward.

Show Them You Mean Business

Getting paid fairly for work you've already done should not be a battle. Email the Law Offices of Todd M. Friedman, P.C., or call us at 424-235-1148 (toll free: 877-619-8966) to schedule your free initial consultation.

  • “Todd has been my lawyer now since 2009. He has helped me through identity theft... If you're looking for someone you can trust I would definitely give Todd Friedman a call.”
  • “Todd and his staff are seriously great. . Finding Todd was lucky and a god send for me. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone.”
  • “ A truly compassionate lawyer and helped me completely non-profit. I was so happy to get these harassing phone calls to stop! ...”
  • “I consulted with Todd about my situation and immediately felt comfortable knowing that he would fight for my rights and deliver justice for the wrongs that I suffered. ”
  • “Todd helped me out a few years ago but I'll never forget what he did for me. He's got excellent follow-up and a great staff to support him. They're awesome and I highly recommend Todd and his team!”
Read more about what our clients are saying about us.