Consumers Are Protected From Robocalls
Few telemarketing calls are more annoying than robocalls, which use a computerized autodialer to deliver a prerecorded message. These calls may also be illegal.
If you are receiving robocalls from a telemarketer, the Law Offices of Todd M. Friedman in Woodland Hills can help. Not only can we stop the calls, but we may also be able to obtain compensation for you from the telemarketer. Call to discuss your case with one of our attorneys. We serve consumers in Los Angeles and throughout the nation.
When Are Robocalls Illegal?
Robocalls are regulated both under California law and a federal law known as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
The following telemarketer actions are illegal under federal law:
- Solicitations to residences using an artificial voice or a recording
- Calling a cellphone using automated telephone equipment or an artificial or prerecorded voice
- Failing to maintain a “do-not-call” list of consumers who ask not to be called
- Failing to honor the National Do Not Call Registry
California bans robocalls unless there is an existing relationship between you and the caller. The following regulations apply:
- A person must come on the line before the artificial or prerecorded voice to identify the nature of the call and the organization.
- You must consent to the recording being played.
- The robocaller must disconnect as soon as the prerecorded message is over or you hang up.
If the organization making the prerecorded call violated state or federal law, our lawyers can file a lawsuit and seek compensation on your behalf. Our fees will be paid by the organization making the calls.
If you’re not sure you have a case, talk with our lawyers. At the Law Offices of Todd M. Friedman, P.C., you will speak
directly with an attorney from our firm. We will provide you with timely case analysis and a smart strategy. This direct attorney contact saves our clients time and minimizes stress and uncertainty.
Contact Our Attorneys For Robocall Harassment Help Nationwide
For a free case evaluation, call
or complete our simple