You Don’t Have To Put Up With Threats
Debt collectors who make threats against you are breaking the law. At the Law Offices of Todd M. Friedman in Beverly Hills, we can do more than just stop the threats. In many cases, we can obtain compensation for you.
If you have received threats from a debt collector, call our consumer protection lawyers at for a free initial consultation. We serve consumers nationwide.
Making threats against debtors is illegal under the
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Examples of illegal threats include:
- Pretending to be a police officer and threatening to arrest you
- Using profane or abusive language
- Threatening to garnish your wages or seize your property when such actions are not actually contemplated
- Threatening you with bodily harm
- Threatening actions that are not legally permitted
If your creditor has broken the law, our attorneys can file a lawsuit against the creditor. In most cases, our lawyers persuade the creditor to settle the debts in exchange for a dismissal of the creditor harassment suit. Our legal fees are paid by the debt collector.
Talk directly with a lawyer from our firm. Todd Friedman will save you time and alleviate uncertainty by looking at your case, providing you with sound counsel on how to proceed.
Call Now To Put A Stop To Creditor Abuses
To determine if you have a viable case against a creditor who has been threatening you, call or complete our simple contact form.